Pegsdon, Central Bedfordshire
We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Pegsdon is a hamlet in Central Bedfordshire
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Shillington
- Unitary Authority: Central Bedfordshire
- Region: Eastern
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Hamlet
- Latitude/Longitude: 51°57'37"N 0°22'22"W
- Eastings/Northings: 511897, 230360
- OS Grid: TL118303
- Mapcode Local: GBR H5R.2JQ
- Mapcode Global: VHFR2.HZ6G
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Pegsdon within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Pegsdon in the Domesday Book
A village in Flitton hundred,
in the county of Bedfordshire.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Abbey of Ramsey St Benedict
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Abbey of Ramsey
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Abbey of Ramsey
- Taxable Value: 10 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £12 in 1066; £10 in 1070; £10 in 1086
- Households: 37 villagers; 7 smallholders; 5 slaves
- Plough Teams: 2 lord's ploughs; 11 men's ploughs (14 plough lands)
- Meadow: 3 ploughs
- Woodland: 60 pigs
- Mills: 2, value £1 7/7¼