We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?Upload Photo
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Other current and historical names
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Padstow within this administrative area. Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Gazetteer of the British Isles (Edinburgh: Bartholomew, 1887). John Bartholomew
Padstow, seaport and market town, and par., Cornwall, on S. side of estuary of river Camel, 5 miles NW. of Wadebridge ry. sta. and 12 miles NW. of Bodmin - par., 3341 ac., pop. 2191; town, pop. 1749; P.O., T.O., 1 Bank. Market-day, Saturday. This is a very ancient place, its former names being Lodenek, Athelstowe, and Petrocstowe. The town furnished ships for the siege of Calais in 1346. It is nominally governed by a portreeve and other officers, under charter of Elizabeth. Padstow has a fine situation in a luxuriant valley. Its coasting trade is considerable. (For shipping statistics, see Appendix.) The chief articles of commerce are coals, corn, and malt; and some shipbuilding is carried on.
A village in Rialton hundred, in the county of Cornwall.