We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Midelney is a hamlet in Somerset
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Drayton
- District/Borough: South Somerset
- County: Somerset
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Hamlet
- Latitude/Longitude: 51°0'8"N 2°50'28"W
- Eastings/Northings: 341073, 122879
- OS Grid: ST410228
- Mapcode Local: GBR MD.K20V
- Mapcode Global: FRA 46YG.DY9
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Midelney within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Midelney in the Domesday Book
A village in Abdick hundred,
in the county of Somerset.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Abbey of Muchelney St Peter
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Abbey of Muchelney
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Abbey of Muchelney
- Taxable Value: 4 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £3 in 1070; £3 in 1086
- Households: 3 villagers; 18 smallholders; 4 slaves
- Plough Teams: 2 lord's ploughs; 2 men's ploughs
- Meadow: 25 acres
- Woodland: 12 acres
- Pasture: 100 acres
- Other resources: 2 fisheries
- Animals in 1086: 21 cattle; 6 pigs; 30 goats; 1 cob