We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Merrington is a settlement in Shropshire
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Pimhill
- Unitary Authority: Shropshire
- Region: West Midlands
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Other Settlement
- Latitude/Longitude: 52°46'58"N 2°47'8"W
- Eastings/Northings: 347105, 320871
- OS Grid: SJ471208
- Mapcode Local: GBR 7G.XMV4
- Mapcode Global: WH8BF.59RZ
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Merrington within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Merrington in the Domesday Book
A village in Baschurch hundred,
in the county of Shropshire.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Hunning brother of Wulfgeat
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Picot of Sai
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Picot of Sai
- Taxable Value: 2 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: 15 shillings in 1066; 15 shillings in 1070; £2 in 1086
- Households: 3 villagers; 4 smallholders; 4 slaves; 1 rider
- Plough Teams: 1 lord's plough; 2 men's ploughs (5 plough lands)
- Woodland: 24 pigs