We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Merridge is a hamlet in Somerset
Other current and historical names
- Lower Merridge
- Merridge, Lower
- Parish/Community: Spaxton
- District/Borough: Sedgemoor
- County: Somerset
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Hamlet
- Latitude/Longitude: 51°6'15"N 3°7'50"W
- Eastings/Northings: 320934, 134512
- OS Grid: ST209345
- Mapcode Local: GBR M0.BLPJ
- Mapcode Global: VH6H5.PH9Q
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Merridge within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Merridge in the Domesday Book
A village in Cannington hundred,
in the county of Somerset.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Alwy son of Banna
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Alfred of 'Spain'
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Ranulf of Stringston (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 1⁄2 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £1 in 1070; £1 in 1086
- Households: 4 villagers; 1 smallholder; 2 slaves
- Plough Teams: 1 lord's plough; 1 1⁄2 men's ploughs (2 1⁄2 plough lands)
- Woodland: 20 acres
- Pasture: 30 acres
- Mills: 1, value 4¾d
- Animals in 1086: 4 cattle; 12 goats