We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Meon is a hamlet in Hampshire
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Fareham, unparished area
- District/Borough: Fareham
- County: Hampshire
- Region: South East
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Hamlet
- Latitude/Longitude: 50°49'40"N 1°14'55"W
- Eastings/Northings: 453001, 103409
- OS Grid: SU530034
- Mapcode Local: GBR 9BC.329
- Mapcode Global: FRA 868X.98X
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Meon within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Meon in the Domesday Book
A village in Titchfield hundred,
in the county of Hampshire.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Bishop of Winchester St Peter & St Swithun
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Bishop of Winchester
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Bishop of Winchester
- Taxable Value: 1 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £1 in 1066; £1 in 1086
- Households: 2 villagers
- Woodland: 2 acres