We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Marchamley is a village in Shropshire
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Hodnet
- Unitary Authority: Shropshire
- Region: West Midlands
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Village
- Latitude/Longitude: 52°51'41"N 2°36'3"W
- Eastings/Northings: 359631, 329512
- OS Grid: SJ596295
- Mapcode Local: GBR 7P.RQPX
- Mapcode Global: WH9C8.0BPK
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Marchamley within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Marchamley in the Domesday Book
A village in Hodnet hundred,
in the county of Shropshire.
- Lords of the Manor in 1066: Siward the fat; Aelfric
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Reginald the sheriff
- Lords of the Manor in 1086: Reginald the sheriff; Walter (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 5 1⁄2 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £5 in 1066; £2 6/2½ in 1086
- Households: 7 villagers; 8 smallholders; 5 slaves; 2 riders
- Plough Teams: 3 lord's ploughs; 3 1⁄2 men's ploughs (16 1⁄2 plough lands)
- Woodland: 100 pigs
- Mills: 1, value 5 shillings