We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?Upload Photo
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Other current and historical names
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Marazion within this administrative area. Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Gazetteer of the British Isles (Edinburgh: Bartholomew, 1887). John Bartholomew
Marazion (or Market Jew), watering-place, market town, seaport, and township, with ry. sta. (Marazion Road, 1 mile W.), St Hilary par., Cornwall, on Mounts Bay, 3 miles E. of Penzance, 719 ac. and 78 foreshore, pop. 1294; P.O., T.O. Market-day, Saturday. Marazion is an ancient corporate town, under the name of Marghasiewe, with charter of date 1595. It was very early a considerable place and a port of some trade, both as being situated near the great mart for tin and as the headquarters of pilgrims to St Michael's Mount, with which it is connected at low water by a causeway; but after its losses in the 16th century it gave way to Penzance. It has still some trade in coal, timber, &c., in connection with the neighbouring mines, prosecutes the pilchard fishery, and attracts a number of summer visitors.