We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Manton is a village in East Dorset
Other current and historical names
- Built-Up Area: Manton
- Parish/Community: Marlborough
- Unitary Authority: East Dorset
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Village
- Latitude/Longitude: 51°24'51"N 1°45'26"W
- Eastings/Northings: 416971, 168398
- OS Grid: SU169683
- Mapcode Local: GBR 4X7.6JV
- Mapcode Global: VHB46.HQ92
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Manton within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Manton in the Domesday Book
A village in Selkley hundred,
in the county of Wiltshire.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Wigot of Wallingford
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Miles Crispin
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Reginald Cnut (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 3 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £3 in 1070; £3 in 1086
- Households: 5 villagers; 5 smallholders; 2 slaves
- Plough Teams: 1 lord's plough; 2 men's ploughs (3 plough lands)
- Meadow: 4 acres
- Woodland: 40 acres
- Pasture: 40 acres