We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Lobthorpe is a settlement in Lincolnshire
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: North Witham
- District/Borough: South Kesteven
- County: Lincolnshire
- Region: East Midlands
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Other Settlement
- Latitude/Longitude: 52°46'25"N 0°35'8"W
- Eastings/Northings: 495500, 320500
- OS Grid: SK955205
- Mapcode Local: GBR DRY.2QH
- Mapcode Global: WHGL8.ZK60
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Lobthorpe within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Lobthorpe in the Domesday Book
A village in Beltisloe hundred,
in the county of Lincolnshire.
Two manors recorded in Domesday.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Bishop of Lincoln St Mary
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Bishop of Lincoln
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Bishop of Lincoln
- Taxable Value: 2 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £1 in 1086
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Algar
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Algar
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Algar
- Taxable Value: 1 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £1 in 1066; £1 in 1086
- Households: 2 villagers
- Plough Teams: 1 lord's plough (1 plough land)
- Meadow: 8 acres
- Woodland: 20 acres