Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Llandudno within this administrative area. Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Gazetteer of the British Isles (Edinburgh: Bartholomew, 1887). John Bartholomew
Llandudno, coast town and par. with ry. sta., at NE. extremity of Carnarvonshire, 3½ miles NE. of Conway, 47¾ NW. of Chester, and 226 NW. of London - par., 1914 ac. land and 815 water, pop. 4193; town (partly also in Eglwys Rhos par.), pop. 4839; P.O., T.O., 2 Banks, 2 newspapers. Llandudno has sprung up since 1850, and owes its great prosperity as a watering-place to its situation on the level neck of a promontory between Great Ormes and Little Ormes headlands and between Ormes Bay and Conway Bay. It is a well-built and spacious town; has a fine parade, an elegant promenade pier (1200 ft.), and affords excellent sea-bathing. Numerous antiquities are in the neighbourhood.