We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Littlehempston is a hamlet in Devon
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Littlehempston
- District/Borough: South Hams
- County: Devon
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Hamlet
- Latitude/Longitude: 50°27'15"N 3°40'35"W
- Eastings/Northings: 281084, 62944
- OS Grid: SX810629
- Mapcode Local: GBR QM.RWNY
- Mapcode Global: FRA 375V.KJ3
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Littlehempston within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Littlehempston in the Domesday Book
A village in Kerswell hundred,
in the county of Devon.
Two manors recorded in Domesday.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Earl Harold
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: King William
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: King William
- Taxable Value: 2 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £2 in 1070; £2 in 1086
- Households: 8 villagers; 7 smallholders; 4 slaves
- Plough Teams: 1 lord's plough; 5 men's ploughs (6 plough lands)
- Meadow: 4 acres
- Woodland: 24 acres
- Pasture: 24 acres
- Animals in 1086: 40 goats
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Algar
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Iudhael of Totnes
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Ralph of Pomeroy (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 1⁄4 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: 2/4¾ in 1070; 5 shillings in 1086
- Households: 4 smallholders
- Plough Teams: 1 lord's plough (1 plough land)