We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Lanescot is a settlement in Cornwall
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Tywardreath and Par
- Unitary Authority: Cornwall
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Other Settlement
- Latitude/Longitude: 50°22'5"N 4°41'38"W
- Eastings/Northings: 208500, 55500
- OS Grid: SX085555
- Mapcode Local: GBR N4.V024
- Mapcode Global: FRA 1812.C1L
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Lanescot within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Lanescot in the Domesday Book
A village in Tybesta hundred,
in the county of Cornwall.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Aelbert of Burthy
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Count of Mortain
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Richard son of Turolf (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 0 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: 15 shillings in 1070; 10 shillings in 1086
- Households: 4 smallholders; 2 slaves
- Plough Teams: 1 lord's plough; 3⁄4 men's plough (5 plough lands)
- Woodland: 1 acre
- Pasture: 20 acres
- Animals in 1086: 4 cattle; 2 pigs; 12 goats