We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?Upload Photo
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Kilbirnie within this administrative area. Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Gazetteer of the British Isles (Edinburgh: Bartholomew, 1887). John Bartholomew
Kilbirnie, town and par. with ry. sta., N. Ayrshire - par., 10,335 ac., pop. 5243; town, on river Garnock, 3 miles NE. of Dalry and 20 SW. of Glasgow, pop. 3405; P.O., T.O., 1 Bank; has flax-spinning mills, linen-thread mills, wincey factories, fishing-net factories, rope-works, and engineering works, and in the neighbourhood are mines and ironworks. In the church-yard is the monument, with effigies, of Captain Thomas Crawford of Jordanhill, who captured Dumbarton Castle in 1571. Kilbirnie Castle, with tower of 13th or 14th century, was an ancient seat of the Earls of Crawford; it was accidentally burned in 1757. On E. border of par. is Kilbirnie Loch.