We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Kexbrough is a village in Barnsley, Barnsley
- Built-Up Area: Barnsley
- Parish/Community: Barnsley, unparished area
- Unitary Authority: Barnsley
- Region: Yorkshire and The Humber
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Village
- Latitude/Longitude: 53°34'54"N 1°32'54"W
- Eastings/Northings: 429995, 409565
- OS Grid: SE299095
- Mapcode Local: GBR KWM0.KR
- Mapcode Global: WHCBK.57XF
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Kexbrough within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Kexbrough in the Domesday Book
A village in Staincross hundred,
in the county of Yorkshire.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Godric
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Ilbert of Lacy
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Swein son of Alric (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 2 1⁄2 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: 10 shillings in 1066; 10 shillings in 1086
- Households: 2 villagers
- Plough Teams: 1 lord's plough; 1 men's plough (1 plough land)
- Meadow: 2 acres
- Woodland: 6 furlongs