We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Kempton is a hamlet in Shropshire
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Clunbury
- Unitary Authority: Shropshire
- Region: West Midlands
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Hamlet
- Latitude/Longitude: 52°26'29"N 2°56'31"W
- Eastings/Northings: 336066, 283034
- OS Grid: SO360830
- Mapcode Local: GBR B8.MBCJ
- Mapcode Global: VH764.YWJQ
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Kempton within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Kempton in the Domesday Book
A village in Rinlau hundred,
in the county of Shropshire.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Swein
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Picot of Sai
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Picot of Sai
- Taxable Value: 4 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £8 in 1066; £3 in 1070; £6 in 1086
- Households: 8 villagers; 2 smallholders; 13 slaves; 2 Welshmen
- Plough Teams: 4 lord's ploughs; 5 men's ploughs (14 plough lands)
- Woodland: 100 pigs