We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Henford is a hamlet in Devon
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Ashwater
- District/Borough: Torridge
- County: Devon
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Hamlet
- Latitude/Longitude: 50°43'37"N 4°19'4"W
- Eastings/Northings: 236500, 94500
- OS Grid: SX365945
- Mapcode Local: GBR NN.3DQQ
- Mapcode Global: FRA 17V5.1MB
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Henford within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Henford in the Domesday Book
A village in Black Torrington hundred,
in the county of Devon.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Brothir of Henford
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Iudhael of Totnes
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Ralph of Pomeroy (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 1⁄4 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: 12 shillings in 1070; 15 shillings in 1086
- Households: 1 villager; 3 smallholders; 1 slave
- Plough Teams: 1 lord's plough; 1 men's plough (3 plough lands)
- Meadow: 15 acres
- Woodland: 15 acres
- Pasture: 1⁄2 league
- Animals in 1086: 5 cattle; 2 pigs; 15 goats