We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Hamp is a suburban area in Bridgwater, Somerset
Other current and historical names
- Built-Up Area: Bridgwater
- Parish/Community: Bridgwater
- District/Borough: Sedgemoor
- County: Somerset
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Suburban Area
- Latitude/Longitude: 51°7'6"N 3°0'10"W
- Eastings/Northings: 329896, 135929
- OS Grid: ST298359
- Mapcode Local: GBR M5.9WK1
- Mapcode Global: VH7DP.W5T0
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Hamp within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Hamp in the Domesday Book
A village in North Petherton hundred,
in the county of Somerset.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Abbey of Athelney St Peter
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Abbey of Athelney
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Abbey of Athelney
- Taxable Value: 1 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £1 10/- in 1086
- Households: 1 villager; 7 smallholders; 4 slaves
- Plough Teams: 1 lord's plough; 1 men's plough (4 plough lands)
- Meadow: 15 acres
- Woodland: 3 acres
- Animals in 1086: 2 cattle