We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Downinney is a hamlet in Cornwall
Other current and historical names
- Warbstow Cross
- Parish/Community: Warbstow
- Unitary Authority: Cornwall
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Hamlet
- Latitude/Longitude: 50°40'57"N 4°32'9"W
- Eastings/Northings: 220941, 90060
- OS Grid: SX209900
- Mapcode Local: GBR NB.6BPM
- Mapcode Global: FRA 17D8.LMX
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Downinney within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Downinney in the Domesday Book
A village in Stratton hundred,
in the county of Cornwall.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Merleswein the sheriff
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Count of Mortain
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Richard son of Turolf (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 2 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £3 in 1070; £2 in 1086
- Households: 10 villagers; 20 smallholders; 10 slaves
- Plough Teams: 3 lord's ploughs; 7 men's ploughs (12 plough lands)
- Pasture: 1 league
- Animals in 1086: 12 cattle; 5 pigs; 4 unbroken mares