We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Caerwent is a settlement in Monmouthshire
Other current and historical names
- Built-Up Area: Caerwent
- Parish/Community: Caerwent
- Unitary Authority: Monmouthshire
- Region: Wales
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Other Settlement
- Latitude/Longitude: 51°36'38"N 2°46'26"W
- Eastings/Northings: 346500, 190500
- OS Grid: ST465905
- Mapcode Local: GBR JH.9LYD
- Mapcode Global: VH7B9.VSV1
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Caerwent within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Caerwent in the Domesday Book
A village in Is Coed hundred,
in the county of Gloucestershire.
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: King William
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Jocelyn the Breton (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 5 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £1 in 1086
- Households: 2 Welshmen