We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Beffcote is a hamlet in Staffordshire
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Gnosall
- District/Borough: Stafford
- County: Staffordshire
- Region: West Midlands
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Hamlet
- Latitude/Longitude: 52°46'2"N 2°17'39"W
- Eastings/Northings: 380250, 318921
- OS Grid: SJ802189
- Mapcode Local: GBR 05R.GSP
- Mapcode Global: WH9CS.QPQQ
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Beffcote within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Beffcote in the Domesday Book
A village in Cuttlestone hundred,
in the county of Staffordshire.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: King Edward
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: King William
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: King William
- Taxable Value: 7 1⁄2 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £3 5/- in 1066; £7 in 1086
- Households: 18 villagers; 14 smallholders; 2 slaves; 1 thane
- Plough Teams: 4 lord's ploughs; 8 men's ploughs (17 plough lands)
- Meadow: 34 acres
- Woodland: 1 1⁄2 mixed measures
- Mills: 1, value 5 shillings