We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Beckhampton is a village in Wiltshire
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Avebury
- Unitary Authority: Wiltshire
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Village
- Latitude/Longitude: 51°25'9"N 1°52'25"W
- Eastings/Northings: 408878, 168921
- OS Grid: SU088689
- Mapcode Local: GBR 3VK.TB3
- Mapcode Global: VHB44.GLSD
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Beckhampton within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Beckhampton in the Domesday Book
A village in Selkley hundred,
in the county of Wiltshire.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Edric
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Gilbert of Bretteville
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Ansfrid (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 2 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £6 in 1070; £6 in 1086
- Households: 4 villagers; 7 smallholders; 3 cottagers
- Plough Teams: 2 lord's ploughs; 2 men's ploughs (3 plough lands)
- Meadow: 8 acres
- Pasture: 40 acres