We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Bayworth is a village in Oxfordshire
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Sunningwell
- District/Borough: Vale of White Horse
- County: Oxfordshire
- Region: South East
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Village
- Latitude/Longitude: 51°42'26"N 1°16'35"W
- Eastings/Northings: 450082, 201201
- OS Grid: SP500012
- Mapcode Local: GBR 7Y5.VFP
- Mapcode Global: VHCY0.TCG1
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Bayworth within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Bayworth in the Domesday Book
A village in Hormer hundred,
in the county of Berkshire.
- Overlord in 1066: Abbey of Abingdon St Mary
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Wulfric
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Abbey of Abingdon
- Lords of the Manor in 1086: Gilbert (subinfeudated); Eskil of Seacourt (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 10 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £10 in 1066; £8 in 1086
- Households: 9 villagers; 8 smallholders; 5 slaves
- Plough Teams: 3 lord's ploughs; 4 1⁄2 men's ploughs (8 plough lands)
- Meadow: 60 acres