We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Battramsley is a village in Sandy Down, Hampshire
Other current and historical names
- Built-Up Area: Sandy Down
- Parish/Community: Boldre
- District/Borough: New Forest
- County: Hampshire
- Region: South East
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Village
- Latitude/Longitude: 50°47'33"N 1°34'4"W
- Eastings/Northings: 430561, 99316
- OS Grid: SZ305993
- Mapcode Local: GBR 66C.6GF
- Mapcode Global: FRA 76LZ.YX7
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Battramsley within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Battramsley in the Domesday Book
A village in Boldre hundred,
in the county of Hampshire.
- Lords of the Manor in 1066: Saewulf; Aelfric Small
- Tenants in Chief in 1086: King William; Saewulf
- Lords of the Manor in 1086: Peret the forester (subinfeudated); Saewulf
- Taxable Value: 2 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £3 in 1066
- Meadow: 4 acres