We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Allaston is a suburban area in Lydney, Gloucestershire
Other current and historical names
- Built-Up Area: Lydney
- Parish/Community: Lydney
- District/Borough: Forest of Dean
- County: Gloucestershire
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Suburban Area
- Latitude/Longitude: 51°44'27"N 2°31'30"W
- Eastings/Northings: 363836, 204840
- OS Grid: SO638048
- Mapcode Local: GBR JT.1HJ1
- Mapcode Global: VH87B.5HXM
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Allaston within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Allaston in the Domesday Book
A village in Bledisloe hundred,
in the county of Gloucestershire.
- Lords of the Manor in 1066: Wynstan; Siward
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: William son of Norman
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: William son of Norman
- Taxable Value: 1 1⁄8 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: 15 shillings in 1066; £1 10/- in 1086
- Households: 17 smallholders
- Plough Teams: 2 lord's ploughs; 5 men's ploughs