We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Aley is a hamlet in Somerset
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Over Stowey
- District/Borough: Sedgemoor
- County: Somerset
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Hamlet
- Latitude/Longitude: 51°8'11"N 3°9'43"W
- Eastings/Northings: 318792, 138102
- OS Grid: ST187381
- Mapcode Local: GBR LY.8QQJ
- Mapcode Global: VH6GZ.4PPP
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Aley within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Aley in the Domesday Book
A village in Cannington hundred,
in the county of Somerset.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Algar
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: William of Mohun
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Warmund (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 1⁄2 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £1 in 1070; £1 in 1086
- Households: 6 smallholders; 1 slave
- Plough Teams: 1 lord's plough; 1 men's plough (2 plough lands)
- Woodland: 10 acres
- Animals in 1086: 1 cob